Christmas has kept me busy. Both of my kids are in town and Taz’s wedding plans are in high gear. Today I am working on my business plan and figuring out how 2016 will look. It is shaping up to be a transformative year. Here are some of my predictions:
- The wedding is going to be exhausting, expensive but oh so amazingly beautiful, emotional and awesome. We are about 60 days out. Dear Lord, hear my prayers….
- My son will embark on a big adventure. I am encouraging him to do a semester aboard for the summer, a road trip across the country, hiking either parts of the Appalachian Trail or the Pacific Crest. The Hunter and I gave him gifts to further that adventure. I am excited to see what he does.
- I will transform my business ….. Or go broke trying. I am looking at some new technology, read some good books and have thought long and hard on how I want 2016 to look professionally. Now I need to Get Shit Done by finishing my business plan, creating my routines and stick to them.
- I will learn Self Discipline or die trying. I need it for work and to lose weight and live a healthier life. I need to have a stronger self-control muscle and realize that procrastination is not my friend.
- The Hunter will get promoted at his new job and rather quickly. He will continue to excel and will be rewarded.
- My Ex will struggle a bit in 2016. He has some health issues that Taz is downplaying, but I think 30+ years of smoking (1-2 packs daily) is catching up to him. I don’t wish bad on him, but I am realistic. I don’t know how this will impact me, but the possibility is there.
- I will expand my social circle and get out more. I spent 2015 hibernating with the Hunter, which was delicious. I recognize that if I want to remain interesting (both for him and me), I need to get out more.
- 2016 will be an expensive year. The wedding, my work re-positioning, Taz’s graduation, my son’s big adventure — not to mention my own adventures! This makes my work re-design oh so important.
Christmas with the Hunter and our blended families has been lovely. I have been struggling a bit with wanting equal time with my kids, but I’ll talk about that in another post. I’m happy and at the end of the day, that’s what matters.